To reserve your spot for a regularly scheduled or private tour, just email firstname.lastname@example.org or purchase tickets online in advance. Reservations for regularly scheduled tours are not mandatory, but are encouraged during peak season (May-October, especially long weekends).
*Regularly scheduled tours are $15.00 per adult, $12.00 for military, veterans, students, and seniors, $8.00 for children.
*Private tours cost $20.00 per person and $8.00 for children ($50.00 minimum), please email us to work out a time. You can choose from any of our offered tours, or ask us to customize something for your group. Discounts are offered for groups over 12. Private tours leave from Market Square.
Descriptions and calendars of our monthly tours are below
There are several tour options we offer that are not on all the monthly schedules. These include-
- Virginia is for Runners: A 3 mile running tour that takes you to Old Town’s best hidden historical spots.
- Ghosts of Alexandria: A haunted tour at twilight, exploring Alexandria’s history and lingering spirits.
- Colonial and Revolutionary Alexandria: Take a tour through Alexandria’s Colonial and Revolutionary history, from the town’s establishment in 1749, to Washington’s death in 1799. Learn about Alexandria’s founding, its role during the French and Indian War and the American Revolution, as well as George Washington’s life in the community
- Women of Civil War Alexandria: Offered in partnership with the National Women’s History Museum, this tour takes you through the Civil War in Alexandria by following the lives and work of the city’s leading women.
- Sweet History: A historical walking tour that takes you beyond King Street and explores Old Town’s best dessert stops.
For more information, please call 774-641-9006.