Discover Alexandria Phase 2: We are transitioning into phase 2 with the return of our regularly scheduled tours (see calendar below) and the option for guests to book private tours. The following conditions apply:
- You can email email@example.com to make a reservation for a private tour.
- Regularly scheduled tours can be booked on this site
- Guides and tour-goers will need to wear masks.
- Please note: The Alexandria Visitor’s Center is closed until further notice, so you will need to buy tickets online in advance.
*Regularly scheduled tours are $15.00 per adult, $12.00 for military, veterans, students, and seniors, $8.00 for children.
*Private tours cost $20.00 per person and $8.00 for children (with a $50.00 minimum), please email us to work out a time. You can choose from any of our offered tours, or ask us to customize something for your group. Private tours leave from Market Square.
*If a tour is not on our regular schedule, it is still available for private tours.
- Discover Alexandria Signature Tour: This tour takes you from Alexandria’s past to present as you check out the historic sites and learn about local favorites.
- Colonial and Revolutionary Alexandria: Take a tour through Alexandria’s Colonial and Revolutionary history, from the town’s establishment in 1749, to Washington’s death in 1799. Learn about Alexandria’s founding, its role during the French and Indian War and the American Revolution, as well as George Washington’s life in the community
- Ghosts of Alexandria: A haunted tour at twilight, exploring Alexandria’s history and lingering spirits.
- Women of Civil War Alexandria: In partnership with the National Women’s History Museum, we are proud to offer a tour about Alexandria’s leading women during the Civil War. Discover information on everyday life in a union occupied city.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 774-641-9006. Due to our touring schedule, emails are preferred.