Welcome to the homepage for Discover Alexandria walking tours. We offer private and regularly scheduled tours in historic Old Town, Alexandria.
To reserve your spot for a regularly scheduled or private tour, just email firstname.lastname@example.org. Payments will be collected the day of the tour (cash preferred for private tours). Reservations for regularly scheduled tours are not mandatory, but are encouraged during peak season (October).
There are several tour options we offer that are not on the monthly schedule. These include-
- Alexandria at War: From the French and Indian War to World War II, Alexandria played a central role in some of our country’s most tumultuous time periods.
- Shop Alexandria: Experience a guided tour through Old Town’s favorite local boutiques.
- Discovering Mercy: Featuring the real history behind PBS’ hit mini series Mercy Street.
- Women of Civil War Alexandria: In partnership with the National Women’s History Museum, learn about Alexandria’s leading Civil war-era women and everyday life in Alexandria during the war.
- Virginia is for Runners: A 3 mile running tour that takes you to Old Town’s best hidden historical spots.
- Historical Cemetery Walking Tour: Enjoy a guided tour through several of Alexandria’s historic cemeteries. Learn about Alexandria’s famous residents, including those who fought in the Revolutionary War, Mexican War, and Civil War. (Leaves from a different location- the corner of Wilkes St and S. Payne St)
- Sweet History: A historical walking tour that takes you beyond King Street and explores Old Town’s best dessert stops.
*Regularly scheduled tours are $12.00 per adult, $10.00 for military, veterans, students, and seniors, $5.00 for children.
*Private tours cost $15.00 per person ($8.00 for children), please email us to work out a time. You can choose from any of our offered tours, or ask us to customize something for your group. Discounts are offered for groups over 15. Private tours leave from Market Square.
Descriptions and calendars of our monthly tours are below